Now that you have the two set of codes you need, continue reading to find out how easy it is to withdraw your funds.
We also have some tips for you on how to successfully cash out!
In this article, you'll get to know:
- What you need
- How to claim funds
- How to send codes to a different recipient
- Tips on how to successfully cash out
What you need:
To claim your payout through a Security Bank ATM, all you need are three sets of digits, all of which will be sent to you as soon as you finish placing your order:
- 16-digit reference number. This will be sent via text message to the mobile number you specify when placing the order.
- 4-digit passcode.This will be sent to your email address (the same one that you use when logging in to coins.ph).
- Exact payout amount. This is contained in both the text message and the sell order confirmation email sent to your email address.
NOTE: You can only send the codes to yourself. The minimum amount for eGiveCash orders is Php500, while the maximum amount is Php5,000 per transaction. There is also a monthly limit of Php50,000 per recipient mobile number. You need to be at least ID and selfie verified to avail of this cash out option. Recipient’s name and mobile number are based on the details on your Coins.ph account.
Here's a sample of the text message containing the 16-digit reference number:
Here's a sample of the email containing the 4-digit passcode:
Once you have all of the information given above, just proceed to one of Security Bank's ATMs.
Start the session by pressing "Enter," then, select "eGiveCash."
You will then be prompted to key in the 16-digit reference number, then the 4-digit passcode, then the exact payout amount.
Wait for the ATM to finish processing the transaction. It will then dispense the cash and issue you a receipt.
Here's a sample receipt:
To find a Security Bank ATM nearest you, use their online Branch and ATM Locator.
Sending the codes to a different recipient:
The eGiveCash cash out option is now only available as a "Send to self" option. Here's how you can send funds to another recipient using the Security Bank eGiveCash option:
Have your recipient hop on to this link to know the easy steps in setting up their own Coins.ph account. Once your recipient signs up and gets Level Two Verified, you may just send the funds via a wallet-to-wallet transfer and your recipient will be the one to create the eGiveCash Cash Out.
Tips on using Cardless ATM:
Now ready to claim your funds? Check some of the tips below to make your experience smoother!
- Make sure to input the correct information on the ATM: 16-digit code and 4-digit PIN with the same timestamp and the amount.
- If you want to create more than one consecutive cash out in a day, wait for around 2 minutes before creating the next one to avoid confusion with codes.
- Remember that your transaction can get blocked when you key in the wrong information thrice.
- Do not use ATM’s that do not issue receipts.
IMPORTANT: Please make sure that your account is at Level 2 (Email verified, identity and selfie verified) before using this payout option. To check your account level and/or get verified, click here.
Coins.ph is a separate, independent company from Security Bank Corporation. The products and services provided by Coins.ph are binding and between you and Coins.ph only. Coins.ph is only using Security Bank Corporation as a service provider for making cash-out payments only. Security Bank Corporation does not transfer, exchange, convert, facilitate, guarantee or provide any other service in relation to virtual currency transactions. Security Bank Corporation shall address issues and concerns arising from the relevant cash-out payments and no other.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to drop us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.