The Sandbox is a blockchain-based virtual world where players can build, own and earn digital assets. The platform aims to disrupt voxel (volumetric pixel) games like Minecraft and Roblox by providing the players themselves true ownership of their creations as non-fungible tokens (NFTs) and rewarding their participation with their main utility token in the Ethereum blockchain – SAND.
The model of The Sandbox is empowered by combining Decentralized Autonomous Organizations (DAO) and Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs). With the aim to accelerate blockchain technology into mainstream gaming, the platform continues to attract game enthusiasts with the purpose of growing the blockchain gaming market.
SAND is the main utility token of The Sandbox and has the following use cases:
- Accessing The Sandblox platform
- Players spend SAND in order to play games, buy equipment, or customize their character. They can also potentially collect SAND through gameplay.
- Creators spend SAND to acquire ASSETS and LANDS.
- Artists spend SAND to upload ASSETS to the Marketplace and buy Gems for defining Rarity and Scarcity
- SAND holders have voting rights on the project through a DAO structure.
- SAND-ETH UNI-V2 liquidity pool tokens can be staked on the platform to earn SAND rewards.
To learn more about The Sandbox, you may click here.
Coins.ph supports SAND transfers through the Ethereum network / ERC-20 Network only. Sending funds through the private and sidechain networks will result in a permanent loss.