Paying Meralco bills is now easier than ever using your Customer Account Number (CAN)! Read through this guide to find out more:
What is the Meralco CAN?
Meralco CAN stands for your Customer Account Number. It is the 10-digit number found at the upper portion of the Meralco bill. This number is permanent so there’s no need to worry about it expiring!
How can I pay for my Meralco bill using the CAN?
Before making your payment, kindly note that this feature is available for current, extended, and overdue payments. However, we cannot process your payment if you already received a disconnection notice.
Here are the steps to pay for your Meralco bill:
1. After selecting Meralco under the Bills section of the app, enter the Total Amount Due or Total Current Amount as seen in your Meralco bill then tap Next.
2. Input your 10-digit customer account number (CAN). Enter the same amount that you placed previously.
Note: You can no longer use the 26-digit Meralco Reference Number (MRN) to settle your payment.
3. Confirm if all the details are correct, then slide to pay!
And that’s it! Your payment should post within 3 business days after your transaction is completed.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I still use my Meralco Reference Number (MRN) in paying for my bill?
You can no longer use your MRN in paying for your bill.
2. Can I pay for my Installment Payment Arrangement (IPA) using CAN?
Yes you CAN! After receiving your IPA letter, you may just refer to your Statement of Account for your CAN.
If you have more concerns regarding your transaction, please feel free to send us a message in the app or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.