No, you cannot send Bitcoin Cash to a Bitcoin wallet, nor can you receive Bitcoin in a Bitcoin Cash wallet. Though they originated from the same chain, they are two different cryptocurrencies and it is your responsibility to ensure that you are sending the correct currency to your target wallet.
Articles in this section
- What is Bitcoin Cash (BCH) and how does it compare with Bitcoin?
- How do I buy or sell Bitcoin Cash (BCH)?
- How do I send and receive Bitcoin Cash?
- What is the price of Bitcoin Cash (BCH)?
- How are fees computed in Bitcoin Cash transactions?
- Can I send Bitcoin Cash to a Bitcoin wallet or Bitcoin to a Bitcoin Cash wallet?
- Why am I getting an ‘Invalid Wallet Address` error when sending BCH to my Coins.ph wallet?
- I sent Bitcoin Cash to my Bitcoin address by mistake. What do I do?
- Does buying and selling Bitcoin Cash (BCH) affect my transaction limits?
- I wasn't able to redeem my BCH during the fork last year. Would that appear in my BCH wallet now?