You can now use Coins.ph for your business!
Here are the steps on how to get started:
2. Complete the ID and selfie, and Address verification process
You would have to complete our ID and selfie, and Address verification first before you would be able to apply for Business verification:
- ID and selfie verification - for the person who has access to the account / signatory, simply submit any of the valid IDs on this list along with a photo of yourself holding the valid ID. You can watch this short video to help you with this process.
- Address verification - for the person who has access to the account / signatory, simply submit any of the valid documents on this list.
We encourage you to check this link for some helpful tips to have your account verified.
3. Once you are already address verified, apply for Business verification
For Sole Proprietorship businesses operating under the name of a spouse or other business partner, please have the sole proprietor sign and notarize a Special Power of Attorney document (SPA) confirming that you have legal power to open and operate an account with Coins.ph on behalf of the business in question.
Please also submit a Certificate of Registration issued by the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI)
For Partnerships and Corporations, please submit the following:
- Articles of Incorporation or Association and By-Laws.
- Secretary Certificate: A Secretary Certificate is required to open an account with us, giving you the authority to operate the account on behalf of your company. The Secretary Certificate should be signed and notarized before submitted. The template for the certificate can be downloaded from the business application form
- Directors and Major stockholders and Officers: (i) For Philippine Companies: Latest GIS as filed with the SEC. (ii) For companies registered outside the Philippines,:a formal document (or signed declaration if such formal document is not obtainable) listing.
If your business is engaged in a regulated activity or industry, please submit a copy of your license/regulatory approval by the respective regulator. Additional documents you need to submit are:
- Certificate of Registration issued by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP), for money chargers/foreign exchange dealers and remittance agents; and
- For Sole Proprietorship businesses operating under the name of a spouse or other business partner, please have the sole proprietor sign and notarize a Special Power of Attorney document (SPA) confirming that you have legal power to open and operate an account with Coins.ph on behalf of the business in question. A template for the SPA is available upon request.
We do not charge any fees for creating or maintaining a business account with us. We also do not require any average daily balance to be maintained in your account in order to use the service. It’s pay-as-you go service! You are only charged transaction fees, if any.
Additionally, you may still use Coins.ph for your business even if your company is registered outside the Philippines. At the business verification stage, please submit the equivalent documents of your country of registration. Those documents would be required to be duly authenticated by the Philippine consulate in your home jurisdiction. Please get in touch in advance for us to confirm your documents before you getting those authenticated.
If your business has a website, we have APIs for different functions. You can click on this link for more information - https://coins.readme.io/
We can't wait for you to apply! You can visit this link to submit basic information about your business and your business documents.
If you have any other inquiries or need further assistance, you can email [email protected]