For Philippine-based entities:
- Certificate of Registration issued by the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI)
If operating under the name of a spouse or other business partner:
- Special Power of Attorney (SPA) document - signed and notarized by the sole proprietor. This is to confirm that you have legal power to open and operate an account with Coins.ph on behalf of the business in question. A template for the SPA is available upon request.
Corporations and Partnerships
- Certificate of Registration issued by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
- Articles of Incorporation
- Secretary Certificate - this gives you the authority to operate the account on behalf of your company. This should be signed and notarized before submitted. The template for the certificate can be downloaded from the business application form.
- Directors and Major Stockholders and Officers
- GIS as filed with the SEC
If you are engaged in a regulated activity or industry, please submit a copy of your license/regulatory approval by the respective regulator, e.g. Insurance Commission, SEC etc. In particular for Money Changers/Foreign Exchange Dealers and Remittance Agents, we require your Certificate of Registration issued by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) and the AMLC. We also ask you to fill in some information around your AML/KYC policy, which will be sent separately to you by your account manager, during the verification process.
At the business verification stage, please submit the equivalent documents of the above list, from your country of registration. Those documents would be required to be duly authenticated/ consularized by the Philippine consulate in your home jurisdiction. Please get in touch in advance for us to confirm your documents before getting those authenticated, to prevent undue delay and costs.